Monday, July 1, 2013

Another lovely Monday!


I worked this weekend. Today, I am sleeping.
Sleeping during the day is not easy, but I am used to it. My shades are pulled and the room is dark. The kids spent the night with a friend so the house will be quiet. I'll be up by 2 so that I can sleep like the rest of the world later tonight. Night shift, it is what works for us right now.

Before they went to sleep last night, David sent me a text message to say that he and Emily had gone out for a daddy daughter date night. They had eaten dinner and planned to see World War Z. A few minutes into the movie, they agreed that the movie was not what they expected and they left the theater.  When they voiced their concerns to the lady at the ticket counter, she gladly refunded their money and she agreed that the movie is nothing like the trailer. They ended up at home watching reruns of America's Funniest Home Videos.

I mentioned a few posts back that I was making Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken. It was delicious and super easy. I forgot to share the recipe, so here it is now. You gotta give it a try!

Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
2-3 large, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
3 garlic gloves, minced
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 can of large pineapple chunks
1/2 cup pineapple juice (from the can)

Add all of the ingredients to the crock pot.
Cook 4-5 hours on High or 7 hours on low. 
Serve over rice!

My boys are getting caught up in the Instagram craze. Putting 30 hashtags on every picture in order to get more likes. They give shout outs for their friends to follow other friends. They post many times per day. I am this close to unfollowing them. Some days, it is worse than others. 

We have had a ton of rain. We have many mosquitoes hanging around in the puddles near our driveway and the shrubs around our deck. We have bug spray, but forget to use it, or don't think we will be out long enough to need it.  My bites are covered up with band aids.  Band aids are not attractive on adults.

I started reading The Fault in our Stars, by John Green. There are over 3000 reviews on Amazon raving about the fabulousness of the story and the way it breaks your heart (in the most beautiful way.) I had read Shannon's review on Flower Patch Farm Girl and heard about it from several other bloggers. After deciding to add it to my summer reading list, I found it on my rising 8th graders list of recommended books for summer reading. So far, I am not sure if he will be able to handle it, or if I want him to handle it. We will see. 

There are lots of fire crackers in the works for later this week. A big parade and a pool party and hopefully some hamburgers on the grill with friends.
I hope you have a short work week...and plans for celebration!


Happy Monday.



1 comment: