Friday, May 31, 2013

A few good....MOVIES!

If it were up to me, we would cancel our cable television. My husband would be in full agreement. We do not watch TV. If we want to watch an episode, we watch it on Netflix or ABC.com. We really don't need all the fancy channels. My daughter watches Gossip Girl and whatever else she watches on her iphone, so I know she doesn't need cable. Oh, but there is one,the sports fan of the family, that is in full disagreement. He cannot live without ESPN. So for now, we will keep it, I guess....for now. We are looking at our options. We are all learning to sacrifice on different levels. It is hard. We will see how far we get with this.

Over the last few weekends, however, we have found a little time to chill in front of the TV to watch a movie or 2 together. Mostly because of the abundance of rain we have been having. We spent forever looking through Netflix for a movie that we could all agree on. Dif-ee-cult. We found a few gems hidden in the recommendations.

October Baby 

The story of how what happens to you can shape you, but how you respond to it, is what makes you. Forgiveness wins!

And may I add, Emily bought the soundtrack. It is fabulous. Every single song!
For example....
08 - Where You Are by Mandi Mapes on Grooveshark


The Magic of Belle Isle

A story of second chances at life and the power of love. Simple, unconditional love the calls you out and makes life worth living. 
And Morgan Freeman...enough said!

Have you seen them? If not, let me recommend them. 
Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I love morgan freeman, too! I haven't heard of that one. The Impossible is supposed to be really good...it's about a family that survives a tsunami.

    ReplyDelete