Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our goal!


It started as a little walk on the beach. Then someone said....let's walk to the Ferris Wheel.
As you may know...looking down the beach at something gigantic, it is hard to tell just how far away that something really is.
We kept walking. We skipped. We jumped over sand castles. We ran from lazer beams. We laughed. We wondered how much farther. We held hands. We kept moving forward...until we got there.
Then we realized we had to walk all the way back.
We took bets to see how long it would take. Our guesses were from 21 minutes to 45 minutes.
We took off...much faster than we had come. We ran mostly and fell down and got sweaty and sandy and salty. We made it back in 20 minutes!
All 5 of us...playing and running and having family time together...one of those times..you know where you would give anything to stop time all together. Just freeze forever. 
Our goal was the Ferris Wheel.
We made it there and back. It was awesome.
Later we found out that the distance was just over a mile. Seriously, it seemed 3 times that length.
And I am so glad it did!
 
Loving Summer Fun!

4 comments:

  1. How fun!!!

    And I got a little misty reading about it... I know exactly what you mean by wanting to freeze frame time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kind of posts. Those moments you may forget had you not had this place to save it. A wonderful memory Jen.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I love this so much. The pictures are great, and the memory you shared here is so perfect. I have a few moments like that too, frozen in my mind forever. Sometimes you come to a perfect/happy place and you wish time would stand still!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST:)
    I really like your blog and I want to follow, do you have twitter or facebook??

    If you want some Swedish décor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)

    Have a great week

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete