Tuesday, August 2, 2011

To feel alive...proud...and really cold! Follow these directions!

We absolutely love the NC Mountains. It is surely one of God's best playgrounds...and we are all like little kids!
Emily had a volleyball camp to attend at Appalachian State University..... and we decided to stay a few days for a mini vacation!
This year we found a new spot to explore! We had heard about this place for several years, but it is about a 45 minute drive from where we normally play when we are in the area. It was absolutely worth the long and winding drive to get there. You will surely agree!
The water was super cold! I don't do cold water! And I also don't do swim across...or climb up...or jump!
But maybe next time!
If you are super brave...or super crazy...you can jump from the top of the waterfall!
It has been done many times....but not the day we were there! To see for yourself, check out the last 5 sec of this video!
I do not recommend this! At all!
If you are planning a visit to the mountains of NC, let me know. I'll give you the directions...and maybe we'll meet you there!
Have a great day!
 
Linking up with Sweet Shot Tuesday and 52 Weeks of Happiness!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so beautiful and it looks so fun! But it looks a little scary too. We just happen to be going to the NC mountains on vacation next week. I'm writing down the name of the falls and I would love for you to email me and give me directions. Is it hard to find once you're in Pisgah National Forest? I looked it up on the map and it says it's 2.5 hours from where we're staying. I think my two teen boys would love it and think it's worth the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That looks so great!!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like great fun! I wish I lived closer... Due to drought conditions here we don't have many cliff jumping spots left right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so much fun, I would have to do it all! Cold water and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place is GORGEOUS! Looks like it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoo-wee! Looks like the kinda thing my sons like to do.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl that is gorgeous and I don't do any of that stuff either. We can hang out on the side together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous place. Looks like fun! I can only imagine how the cold water must take your breath away when you jump in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful area! The water looks so cool and refreshing. We need something like that right now, with this heat! I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, what an a adventure!! I bet you were nervous for your kiddos going along that rope~yikes! That video is just pure crazy! Glad you are making memories with your family!! hugs, cathy

    ReplyDelete