Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crafty Christmas Cards...almost ready!

I am usually last minute with Christmas Cards....last year we sent out Happy New Year cards!
This year, I feel a bit ahead of schedule. I am glad. I  like the feeling.
I decided this year that I would be crafty with our Christmas cards....that was before the 50 free prints offer from Shutterfly came into my life.
Anyway, since I had purchased all of the supplies and the photos were already printed, I was determined to see the crafting project through!
Here are my crafty cards.....



I made 1/2 with black and white photos and 1/2 with color.
I like them both the same.
I did the stamping...it was harder than I expected.
The kids are helping me color the little birdies hat and heart!
Now for the addressing and stamping.
I see now that I may be last minute again.

I'm finally linking up to Cathy at Checkitoff.
Sharing Christmas cards this way is really fun!
Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. Cute cards Jen - your kids are adorable. I am not finished with mine yet either - I am feeling really behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am impressed. That IS crafty!
    Good for you.

    And you even turned it into a project your kids can help you with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand-colored cards? Are you Martha yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen these are awesome. If I was to receive one, I would def. notice all of the work that went into it!! THe pic is awesome, too! Thank you for linking up. You make me smile. hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!
    I think everyone is use to me sending out cards late. I can't remember the last time cards went out before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute cards Jen! I like the little birdie with the Santa hat & love that your kids are helping with that! I'm still waiting for my cards to come in the mail...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Good job enlisting help from the kids. I agree, the addressing can be a long process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those are beautiful! OK, between you with your handmade Christmas cards and Kerri with her impeccable truffles, I'm starting to feel like a slacker. LOL.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute!!! Everyone will love opening those cards!! Well done :)

    www.katsplaybook.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards - they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen - I just linked up with Cathy today too ... I LOVE your crafty cards, they're gorgeous - but holy cow, I can't believe I was just complaining about hand addressing 135 envelopes when you clearly go to a whole other level with your cards - handcoloring those tiny red hearts and hats on each and every card?! you're like the obi wan kenbi of christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's obi wan kenobi, not kenbi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Christmas cards turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cards are adorable! I may have to make my own next year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards really turned out cute. I love them. I also love the idea of sending out New Year's cards. I have had a hard time finding them in the past. Do you remember where you found yours??

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete