Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm feeling crafty...Party Invitations!

My daughter will be turning 14 next week. I wanted to make some fun invitations without spending a large portion of the party budget. I made these little crafty invites for around $4.50. I had a 40% off coupon from Michaels. I used that to purchase some plain blue note cards. I found some cute birthday stickers in Wal-Mart. For the rest of the supplies, I just used what I had in my collection of scrapbooking supplies.



I started with a print out of the word "Fourteen". Then I backed it with some scrapbook paper.

I typed out the invite on printer paper and attached it to the card.....then added the stickers to add a little flair.

I didn't want to spend any more for the envelopes and since my daughter will be hand delivering her invitations, I thought a colorful paper clip with a ribbon would make a nice closure for the card.
Nothing fancy here, but they are actually better than I had expected. It really doesn't take much these days to make me feel crafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment