Friday, November 8, 2013

Longing and Truth!

She is confident and beautiful and comfortable in her skin. She is not disappointed with the portrait she sees of her unfinished self. She believes the truth that she was designed by her creator to be more than good enough....to be more than anything that she can conjure up. She has dreams and fears that fight against each other ..wanting to run ahead, but scared to fall flat on her face. She prays for wisdom and vision and some sense of belonging. But, she knows that what other people think still matters and she fights the desire to win approval. She longs for life....real life that comes with surrender and so she lays it all down. She seeks hard...and truth finds her. She is content. {stop}

   
The truth is....I am not content. I struggle with wanting to be fully satisfied and then wanting to be at that place where I am always longing for more...because I know that the longing keeps me moving and striving and dreaming. For several months, I have been feeling like I am on the edge of something new...a small part of the more that I was really made for. I know it will only reveal itself as I surrender, looking at myself less, and seeking Christ more. 

I am afraid at times..and about to bust wide open at times. I have no idea where this is gonna take me. No idea at all.

Fridays are fun Y'all.
If you've got 5 minutes...or more like Twenty- 5, join the fun at Five Minute Friday! 
The writing is "no pressure" and the comments are always kind!  
Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. oh the life-long struggle of contentment! This was beautiful, raw and honest. It's very nice to meet you! I love love love the tagline of your blog! I'll be visiting more! So great to meet you!

    Traci Michele @Ordinary Inspirations http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    "She longs for life....real life that comes with surrender and so she lays it all down." Love it!

    Lots of love to you,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this line: "she has dreams and fears that fight against each other"
    So perfectly said. This is my now.

    Glad I clicked over from fmf!

    ReplyDelete