Thursday, March 24, 2011

X is for Extraordinary!

Choose to be Extraordinary!
That is the motto of the college we visited last Friday!
Yes! I did say we visited a college...already. I know it seems strange seeing that Emily is only a Freshman, but if she wants to play volleyball in college, we have to prepare a list of schools that she is interested in so that we can begin the recruitment process. We have visited 2 big schools and 1 small...David visited another while he was away on business in Charleston.
So far this one is her favorite. It is very small and it doesn't have a football team (which used to be a must-have) but it is absolutely beautiful and extraordinary!








To see more for yourself, go here!

Who knows where she will end up. She should have the grades to go just about anywhere...but at this point in her life....she says she really wants to play ball. That means she will go to the school with the best volleyball fit....for her and for the team.

And just in case you noticed the price of tuition...the only way she will go here is with a scholarship...and an extraordinarily good one!
Have a great Thursday!

For more alphabe-Thursday posts, head on over to Jenny Matlock's blog! Just 2 more letters to go. I hope she'll have another assignment ready for us after this one!
Jenny Matlock

15 comments:

  1. Looks like a dream! Best of luck and great pics of the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post on your X-TREMELY talented daughter! She will love college when the time comes...so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen news reports on this school. It is supposed to be like heaven on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing me Jen, learners permits, college visits. Arghhhh! I am so not ready to think of my kids in these phases, but I know it isn't far away. I hope she does get to go to her dream school, it seems like she has worked very hard to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope she gets exactly the scholarship she wants and needs. As for the school, it looks charming...right out of a good book!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful campus. It's very commendable that the school requires students to take at least one ethics class. All schools should have that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be SO proud of your daughter! Good luck with the scholarship!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I'm sure she'll get a vball scholarship at the rate she's playing. :)

    Is that High Point, NC? Isn't that where all the furniture comes from? Where everyone goes "to market" even? I think I'll push BB to go there. I'd love to be able to pick up some great furniture deals when I visit her in college. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The campus looks beautiful. I hope she gets what she wants :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I am ready for this. I am putting my blinders on!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a lovely, old-fashioned campus. She should be very happy there! Good luck to her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great experience !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! I think it is good to expose kids to colleges early! My sis in law is from High Point and we were able to spend a long weekend there 2 years ago when she married my brother in law. Beautiful area! I am enjoying catching up on your posts! hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where is this campus? It is lovely.

    Hard to believe you'd have to be thinking about this already for your lovely daughter.

    Where does the time go?

    Thanks for a sweet smile today on my visit here.

    I love seeing children grow up so beautifully.

    A+

    ReplyDelete